Touchdowns..on the board!

Sorry, it's been awhile. Seems like I am behind on just about everything. After working, going home to be with the kids, picking up the house and doing a load of laundry, all I want to do is sit. But, I have good news...

I had an ultra-sound last week and it looks as if the tumor has shrunk so much, I may have to have a tag put in to mark the exact location of the tumor! Wowey!!! My surgeon in Barrington is going to talk to the radiologist today and I will also talk with my oncologist Friday. There is no set answer as of right now. I need to get through my 4th and final (thank GOD) cycle of AC this Friday and then have another MRI to look at all the dimensions of the breast/tumor. I just want to get through next week and have a mini celebration with almost 12 weeks of chemotherapy behind me. Pray for no nausea!!! I also made an appt with Dr. Witt from Rush who is a surgeon specializing in this area. My timing will probably remain as we intended with 12 more weeks of another chemo and then surgery...around September. Will post more once I know! 7 points

Bridget had another appt with a neurologist, which went very well. She gave Dr. Smith from Rush about 12 hugs during our visit. He concluded that she is very social! He also explained more about her development and that her expressive speech delay, short attention span and hyperactivity were most likely the result of her seizures. When we get them figured out, she will make some progress. It could still be awhile. We need to continue monitoring her with EEGs every couple of months to determine if her brain activity is calming down (which we actually hope for). Then the neurons in that part of her brain can do the jobs they were meant to, like speak! another 7 points

All in all, terrific news. No bites on the house, but that's to be expected. I actually hope not this week- Dave and Harrison are away on the annual fishing trip to Table Rock, MO. They do hope for bites!!

God Bless!

4 comments:

Heather Kopnick said...

Hi Sara,

What GREAT news for both you and little Bridget. I have been saying a prayer everyday for both of you! Continue to stay strong all will be good in no time at all!!!

All the love,
Heather K.

Susan & Tom said...

Hi Sara,

Tom & I appreciate your updates. You have been through so much and we are so proud of you all! Just remember that we care along with so many others. We are praying for both you and Bridget, the Rookie!
Love,
Susie & Tom Mitchell in CA

michelle said...

Sara, it is great to hear such good news. May you have a relaxing and pampered Mother's Day. Hint to Dave. We are here for whatever you need just call unless of course it is to help style your wig. That is out of my realm. Summer vacation is only four weeks away and then you can really rest up and restore. Take care, Michelle

melinda doyle said...

Happy Mother's Day Sara,
Thank you for the updates, I know we all feel much better staying informed with your progress as well as Bridget's.
As always, you are in our Prayers.
Love Ya,
Mike & Melinda