Gobble, Gobble

It's turkey time and most importantly, a time for gratitude.
Although it's obvious that I'm thankful for many things, there are a few which merit mention. I'm grateful for my sister, Julie. She has undoubtedly been my best friend for a long time and the best responder, whether an ear to listen to my woes, a voice to give me reason or a physical being to help with the situation. I'm grateful for my whole lot of family and friends. It's easy to say thank you to them every day, but know how much you're appreciated. I'm thankful for my children....and above all, my husband, Dave. Despite the fact that he can drive me to tears with his off the cuff, humorous (sometimes sarcastic)comments, I know it's only because he loves me that much. He certainly has a lot to put up with- living with me!
I'm grateful for all the wonderful medical care I have and insurance. I'm lucky to work in such an empathetic environment, as well.

I am grateful, but also continue to pray, want and need for my Bridget. She is having set backs again and we are seeing our 2nd opinion neurologist (Dr. Smith) from Rush this week. Hopefully, we will get new and different medication that will help with her seizures. Just when we think it's calm....

As for my treatment, radiation is well underway. I've had 8 sessions and look forward to 17 more! I complete my daily dose of radiation on Dec. 24, which is terrific timing. I am, as Dave says, ready to throw 2008 in the trash. I really don't think there's a better way to look at it. However, with any hardship- I've learned many valuable lessons, ones not worth trading. I have faith that God meant for me to learn and I have fulfilled this opportunity. So thank you, too, Lord.
Love to all, Sara

1 comment:

Heather Kopnick said...

Sara, I continue to think of you and your entire family everyday. I hope to see you in the near future. Merry Christmas and with much love, Heather K