More points

The MRI proved that the tumor has shrunk so much that, yes, in fact, they will have to insert a tag to mark the exact location of the tumor. I will indeed have surgery, if anything, to remove scar tissue that surrounded the initial tumor. Yes- terrific. I am not jumping from the highest mountain, yet, because of 1)I will still meet with the surgeon from Rush to talk about the latest findings on June 6th, 2)After the discussion with the Dr. Witt- I may know more about what type of surgery lumpectomy -vs- mastectomy and 3) I have 11 more weeks or infusion of chemotherapy. I suppose in our world right now, good news is guarded. Don't get me wrong- I am grateful.

It is still such a long haul at this point. Think I'm just a little overly sensitive with lack of sleep. Our beauty queen, Bridget is multi-faceted, one being a temperamental sleeper. I never handled lack of sleep well, and this cancer thing confounds the issue. I am very absorbed in Bridgey's needs, too, which makes things more realistic. She will attend 4 weeks of summer school, but I have also scheduled private speech therapy, a couple more visits to the neurologist and the investigation of a developmental and behavioral pediatrician.

Six more days of school with 20 reports to write. Any takers?

3 comments:

dfaust said...

Amazing news [smile]. I hope you've scheduled a day or 2 of sleep for yourself once you get finished with school! Does seem like May never ends, doesn't it. I'm copying an e-mail to you because I was reluctant to use Dave's work e-mail. Hope you both enjoy. Love, Debby

Story:
In a small Texas town, a new bar/tavern started a building to open up their business. The local Baptist church started a campaign of petitions and prayers to block the bar from opening.


Work progressed, however right up till the week before opening, when a lightning strike hit the bar and it burned to the ground.


The church folks were rather "smug" in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the Church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means. The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise in its reply to the court.


As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork. At the hearing he commented,

"I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that doesn't."

Terrie and Pete said...

Love you Sara! Terrie and Pete

Fred Nitney said...

Good to hear Sara! You look like a movie star in the newest picture. Are you sure you're not sleeping? You look like you've been vacationing!
xoxo
Valerie