Three to Go Until the End of the Third

It was a hard decision...whether to call this half time or end of the third quarter. Dave voted end of the third. Even though I have only 3 more chemo treatments left, there's still quite a bit of the game left to play. With fuzz on my head, practically no lashes or brows left, and tingling fingers and toes- I CAN"T WAIT!

August 15 is my last day and how apropos! It's Harrison's 6th birthday! We will celebrate in style that night. Request of the night...cake! As long as it's chocolate.

After meeting my plastic surgeon, I feel very confident about the surgery. Dr. Witt, the oncology surgeon will work right along with Dr. Kouris, the plastic surgeon. After performing the mastectomy, I will then have reconstruction begin with the use of expanders. In order to prepare the skin and pectoral muscle, this is the way to go. Over the course of 8-10 weeks, the expanders will be filled with saline to the desired size. Then I will have a second surgery to insert the permanent implants. Then there's one last out patient procedure to add the final touches. Best case scenerio, December will be it for surgery and reconstruction. The final decision is mine wheter to have the double and I'm leaning that way. Let's face it, who the hell wants to go through this again in their life?

One more game time decision is radiation. My oncologist, surgeon and a new radiation oncologist need to confer about this after surgery. They will know then from pathology reports if any cancer is left in me.

On a lighter note, Dave and I escaped to London for 5 days. He had a business conference with a his brother, Steve and another Auroroa Aviation Group employee, Chris. The wives and another couple flew over to meet and be tourists. It was exhilirating being a grown up again. Enjoy the picture!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara, you look wonderful!

Kathy K said...

Sara,

You are so brave and we are thinking of you always. Can't wait to see you this weekend and give you a big hug.

Much love,

Kathy K

Sarah said...

Sara,
You are so strong and such an amazing person. I have been thinking about our days riding the train to and from Grove! Seems like a zillion years ago. My Emily is Bridget's age - would love to get together in the future when this is behind you!

Thinking of you,

Sarah (Bilsky) Pavlik

Unknown said...

Sara!

How wonderful it was to see you in person today- an amazing surprise for me! Loved getting to see Bridget too- hope Harrison is well soon so that there can be general reuniting amongst the kids! You truly look terrific and your hug felt very strong. Love that!

Coffee maybe later in the week?

Bev

Unknown said...

Hi Sara,

So glad your trip was refreshing! It is amazing how we appreciate every moment, every smile, and every thankful conversation we have with God! I'm thinking about you all the time and hoping you know that when the sun returns you will be filled with joy!!

Love,
Chris S.

Unknown said...

Hi Sara,

Just watching Monday night football with the Packers and thinking of you!Torn between my love for Brett and my loyalty as a packer fan!! How are you? Can't wait to see you.

Love Chris