Four years ago...

Bridget Rose came into our lives. And with the birth of any child, nothing is ever the same. She certainly melted our hearts and continues to do so. Although, there is no forecast or road map with the addition of a child, there is unconditional love. I know I wouldn't trade any day in my life without her. So, looking at life through our 'Rose' colored glasses, I have the right to be sappy today, especially with the roads we've traveled thus far with our daughter.

All sentiment aside, I highly recommend the new talking Elmo. It is hysterical- even entertaining for a 6 year old. Our celebration commenced with a pancake in the shape of #4 and concluded with a trip to McDonald's complete with cookies and the play land. It's the simple things in life.

The update for my treatment is this...I had my last "expansion" yesterday (until radiation is over)where my Plastic Surgeon decided to double the fill "claiming his space" as he put it. He is truly conservative, but is looking out for the condition of my skin, which could be effected by these rays. So, I begin 27 sessions of radiation on Monday Nov. 17. Big side effects are the conditions of my skin and fatigue. These just go swimmingly with the fact that I returned to work and the holiday season is approaching. Looks like I still have an excuse not to cook until 2009.

My game is still good, with steady advances down the field. I know how to score,but just keep playing it safe. My coach gave a pep talk the other night when I was feeling a little about my appearance and abilities. His comment, "Don't worry honey. You're like a FEMA trailer. It's just temporary housing until we rebuild." I really do love my husband.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Sara!
Thinking of you and would love to chat at some point when you are able. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sarah Pavlik