Is it Over Yet? The first quarter, that is

To say this week has been long would be a drastic understatement.
After my first blood check (last Friday) my counts were low, but nothing to worry about. Dave went out of town for work on Sunday through Tuesday. Not the best timing with Bridget's appointment and I have Parent-Teacher conferences Wed and Thurs.

Upon having a nice dinner at the Hesselbeins on Sunday, Bridget proceeds to have an upset stomach, Harrison has the worst sniffles and cough and I am home with 2 sick kids. Two nights of up and down and I'm beat. What mother wouldn't be? So we go to bed Tuesday night ready to wake Bridget for her EEG test. This requires you to sleep deprive your child. Uncle PJ at the ready for the 2AM wake up call to help with our firecracker and I'm down for the count. I woke up with a fever, which is not good for anyone, but worse if you have cancer. Dave gets me antibiotics by 4:30 AM and yes, Starbucks opened then, much to Dave's happiness. Now Uncle PJ puts on his cape, flies to Julie's house, hands her the cape and she rushes in to the rescue. Dave and Julie take Bridgey and I fall back to sleep. The test is completed, I miss another day of work and, of course, Parent-Teacher conferences.

It is now Friday and all is calm, all is bright. Sorry- wrong time of year.
I feel OK, blood counts are really low, but the antibiotic is helping as well as the sunshine and warmer weather. Seven more days until Chemo #2 and waiting, impatiently at best, for Bridget's results.

I want to post a picture of my do (while I still have it), but Harrison can't hold the camera quite steady. Will be up asap. If you want to get in touch with me, my email is now listed under links. Do not feel obligated- posts are fun, too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had a tough week. Hang in there. You are in my daily prayers.
Love, Lisa

Terrie S said...

Sara! Take care! Love you! Terrie and Pete

Schuster said...

It always seems when it rains it pours. Sorry that you had such a trying week. I always try to remember that God will not give us more than we can handle...I guess that means He has great confidence in your strength as we all do. Hang in there.

Lots of love
The Schuster Family

Sheila said...

Hey Sara-

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you often. Sorry about last week, sounds rough, but hopefully it can only get better from here on out. Press on, your munchkins are a great incentive, as you said. The pictures are great. Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help you out. I know we don't live the closest to you, but regardless, the offer is there. It would never be a problem. Take care of yourself, although I'm sure Dave is doing a good job of that. Stay positive and may God bless you all.

Love,
Sheila, Todd, Lindsay & Kayla

Fred Nitney said...

Sara, You INSPIRE me.
And you are a darn good writer too.
xo
val

Molly Lambert said...

Dear Sara,

What amazing spirit you have! Know that you hold a special place in our hearts during these very difficult days.

With many hugs and much love,
Hank and Molly

The Masters said...

Sara,

As I was doing my bible study this week, I came accross this scripture and thought of you!

"God HImself has said, 'I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake you nor let you down!'"
HEBREWS 13:5

I know you are preparing for your second round of chemo. Stay strong. You are so amazing and we LOVE you!

Jim, Mary, James and Andrew