Rain in the Forecast

OK- so I mentally prepared myself to lose my hair, but this is surreal.
My entire life I have had thick, beautiful hair. Now, I'm not one to boast, but it is true. However, at present I feel like an 80 year old woman. I sleep with a hairnet on my head, wake up and "style" my do then spray the hell out of it so that no more will fall out. Dave makes requests from me like, "Can I have the chicken patty with mashed potatoes?" Real funny. I've only washed it 2 times since Saturday and I look at the thinning thinking "Wow, I've aged! Hope people don't notice this bare spot!" Honestly, I just wanted to make it through the week, esp for work sake. We begin spring break on Friday and my wig should be here by Thursday. I have had it in my mind that I could adjust over the time away from school. So, that's just how it's going to be. I think it will rain on Friday (use your imagination).

Bridget's update is that she had a abnormal EEG. You wonder what this means. Well, I'm right there with you. Basically she has too much brain activity. Whether this is a seizure disorder, is still under speculation. We are trying desperately to get into a pediatric neurologist before June (I'm not fond of the medical field right now). There are a couple leads in respect of it's not what you know, it's WHO you know. I'll keep you informed. I just want to talk to someone to get answers and help my little girl.

Gear up for Easter. I'll be in sweats and on the couch. Will post again after chemo #2 on Friday.

Very chillingly yours,
Sara

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sara,

I just wanted to say that I think of you everyday. Also I just emailed David some information that may help you with Bridget. My niece may have something in common with her.
You are in my thought and prayers!
Jennifer Kouba

Fishman said...

As your father I am so proud of your ability to communicate and your attitude but why should I be so surprised --Ive known you for many years--HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY EASTER ---the sun will always shine for you even on rainy days!!!

Schuster said...

There are no words.
We think about you daily and pray for you each night.
Have a good spring break...some down time will hopefully be good!

lots of love

The Schusters

The Masters said...

Sara,

You truly are a beautiful person...inside and out.
We continue to pray for your strength and peace, as well as answers for little Bridget!

People say their hair grows back thicker after chemo- imagine what a head of hair you are going to have...
Some positives about a wig- no drying that thick hair!! and your hair will always be PERFECT- no bad hair days! You have got to keep your sense of humor- ICECREAM.

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!
I love you,

Jim, Mary, James and Andrew

Terrie S said...

Sara, hang in. It will be OK. Love you. Terrie and Pete

Fred Nitney said...

Sara,
I want to be like you when I grow up! You are so positive and strong. I'm so glad you are doing this blog so we are in the loop.
You have a lot of people pulling for you.
xoxo
val
PS. I have no idea who "Glenn" is or why he's on my posts.

Jenny said...

Dear Sara,

Bridget and you are in our prayers nightly! Libby and Lucy love the prayers ...they keep getting longer...bedtime later :)!

You are so strong... could you please rub off on me!
Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!
Love, Bob, Jenny, Lib, Lu and Nelly

Ellen said...

Know that you are being sent all the positive energy that is humanly possible...and some that is beyond human as well. Thanks for the updates. I check everyday. Love, Ellen

Nicole said...

Sara,
Valerie has been keeping me updated on your prognosis and I just wanted you to know that our family is thinking about and praying for you too. Sometimes it is nice to know that you have touched the lives of people you have only met a few times. You have certainly touched ours. Continue to stay strong and to keep that wonderful attitude. We'll be checking to see how you are doing. I am sending up another little prayer for you right now!
Nicole Fredrick
Cincinnati, OH

dfaust said...

Oh, Sara,what a week! MORE prayers. Hope today goes smoothly, at least. a blessed Easter to you all.

All our love,
Debby Faust

slsarg said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you, Sara.
Mom

ResearchFriend said...

Hi Sara--

What I am most amazed about is that you are able to keep your sense of humor through all of this! I hope that I have half the courage in my life that you do. You are a wonderful person--and you do have great hair! (It will come back!)

Love,
Eve

P.S. Happy birthday! Welcome to 36!

Heather Kopnick said...

Sara,
Happy Birthday! I think of you every day and I have been saying a prayer for you every day. A family member of mine is also fighting cancer. I share with her your sense of humor and the ability to be so strong and you have inspired her although you have never met. I am lucky to know you!
all the love,
Heather K.

Unknown said...

Well, Sara, you are amazing and strong and all that great stuff. I love the matter of fact, taking this with a bit of humor attitude that you have. Continuing to pray for you all.

I love the short haircut- sounds like it might not last but I just know that you are going to be one of those people that can wear it well no matter what.

We'll keep keeping up.
Love and prayers,
Bev

Unknown said...

Sara,
Our team is now 4 members strong and a few of my mom's friends want to join, too! Just thought I'd update you!

Love you,
Lisa

Katie Kozlowski said...

Sal,
You have the best attitude of anyone I've ever met... (not to mention the cutest wig). You and Bridget are in our prayers!
Katie & Mark, Miles, Amelia & Sarah