Stats

1. Bridget did get an earlier appt. to Lutheran General w/ Dr. Shah, a pediatric neurologist that we know 2 families have been to and are pleased. We will visit him at noon on Monday, March 31st. The appt. originated before she actually had her 4th and most serious seizure last Thursday. The ER doc consulted with Dr. Shah and she's on meds for now, but will find out more obviously on Monday.

2. Bridget will also see Dr. Smith at Rush in Chicago. We used our contact-the COO- to get in there on April 16th. We did want to see Dr. Hydemann, but was given to Smith's office instead... will be checking that out after the beginning of next week.

3. After chemo #2, I was pretty wiped out. Thank God for all the offers of help and plans I made for the week (esp since it's at home for the kids and myself). Donna L helped with the kids twice this week, Sharon and her neighbor made me enough food to survive until June, Val cam from Indy to be my caretaker, nanny and housewife, and Harrison had a minute to minute plan of fun. He's really tired today!!!

4. Got a blood check today, low, but no worries. My hat collection is complete- thanks to my generous family. That is extremely helpful b/c it's cold up here! And...my oncologist is under the belief that my tumor is actually smaller. Wahoo!!!

GO TEAM!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful news, indeed, Sara! Much love to you!

Lisa

The Masters said...

Sara,

As Marsha would say..."Praise the Lord!!"

I love you and we pray for you everyday!

Jim, Mary, James and Andrew

Unknown said...

Sara glad the chemo is working good luck with Bridget next week The Falbs

Heather Kopnick said...

Sara,
I know it's all going to be ok! Thinking of you every day!

All the love,
Heather K.

Schuster said...

Your strength is astounding! Hope things go well for Bridget this week. All things sound hopeful, let's keep it that way!

Thinking about you!

The Schusters

Fishman said...

One thing for certain Bridget has a great appetite cause Sunday I fixed a good old greasy TABLE ROCK fishing camp breakfast for all and She eat more than everyone!!!Most didnt like the idea of cooking french toast in bacon grease but Bridgie didnt mind.As you may know the guys and girls are getting ready to go to Table Rock lake later this month so I was practicing the art of preapring BREAKFAST for Sara and her troops--Then wouldnt you know-Harrison Dad and I practiced casting in the driveway and in the rain and MOM wanted the report when we came in --Harrison will be the next fishman! SO as you can tell we are all living life !!AS we go thru this game remember Winning isnt everything its the ONLY THING---I love SARA and her TEAM!!!

Madame Sandburg said...

Ma chère Sara:
Nous t'envoyons nos prières pour la bonne santé pour toi et pour ta jolie fille.
Bisous, "Madame" et toute la famille Sandburg